Type Here to Get Search Results !

The End of an Era: Chris Bumstead Reveals He Will Retire in 2025



Chris Bumstead, the undisputed king of Classic Physique, has shocked the bodybuilding world by announcing his plans to retire in two years. The 29-year-old Canadian, who has won five consecutive Mr. Olympia titles in his division.

Bumstead said he wants to end his career on a high note, while he still enjoys the sport and has his health intact. He also said that he has other goals and passions that he wants to pursue outside of bodybuilding, such as coaching, business, and philanthropy.


“I love bodybuilding, and I’m grateful for everything it has given me. But I also know that it’s not something I can do forever. I don’t want to be one of those guys who hangs on too long and loses their legacy. I want to go out as the best ever, and I think I can do that in two more years.” Bumstead said.


Bumstead’s announcement comes after he dominated the Classic Physique stage at the 2023 Mr. Olympia, where he faced some tough competition from Ramon Dino, Ers Laçın, Breon Ansley, and Terrence Ruffin. Despite suffering a lat injury during his prep, Bumstead displayed an impressive physique that showcased his size, symmetry, conditioning, and aesthetics. He won the judges’ unanimous decision and the fans’ admiration.


Bumstead’s reign as the Classic Physique champion began in 2019 when he dethroned the two-time winner Breon Ansley. Since then, he has improved his physique every year, adding more muscle mass, refining his details, and perfecting his posing. He has also become one of the industry's most popular and influential bodybuilders, with over 25 million followers on Instagram and a successful YouTube channel.


Bumstead said that he still has some improvements to make in his physique and that he will not take his competitors lightly. He said that he is motivated to win his sixth and seventh Mr. Olympia titles and cement his legacy as the greatest Classic Physique bodybuilder of all time.


“I’m not done yet. I still have some goals that I want to achieve in bodybuilding. I want to bring the best version of myself to the stage, and I want to inspire others to follow their dreams. I’m not going to let anyone take my crown without a fight. I will give it my all for the next two years, and then I’ll say goodbye to the sport that I love.” Bumstead said.




from Muscles Monsters https://ift.tt/vkt1qJ3

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.